Monday, January 17, 2011

Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation


Hey ladies! I hope everyone had a great start to their week! I've been catching up on some blog posts as I had a busy day yesterday at a Bridal Show (for my friend, not myself haha)! So, I have an obsession with obtaining the perfect complexion and the necessary products to achieve that (skincare, foundation, concealer, powders - anything "corrective"). Here is one of my latest attempts to find my ultimate foundation!

This is Rimmel's Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation. First off, who in the world wants their makeup to last 25 hours? And who is awake for that long? lol I guess they are just trying to emphasize that it is a "long lasting" foundation, but still, I couldn't get over the 25 hour claim! 

This foundation is inexpensive and available everywhere. I got mine at Shoppers Drug Mart when it was on sale for about $5, which is a great price! I'm not sure if you can tell yet - but this foundation isn't my favourite. That is NOT to say that it isn't a good foundation though! I have oily skin thats prone to breakouts so I need a mattifying formulation that isn't too thick but still gives a great coverage (I think I'm asking a lot haha). This foundation has a thicker consistency that feels really moisturizing and the "dewy" feeling doesn't really go away like some other foundations. This doesn't fly with me! (but honestly would be fantastic for someone with dry skin!) I hate "feeling" my makeup on my face and I can really "feel" this one because of my oily skin - it just isn't a good combination! 


With the texture not being for my skin type, I must say that the colour (True Ivory) is perfect for my skin tone and the look of the finish is gorgeous! I would definitely recommend this for anyone with normal to dry skin! I think the shade selection is really great (they don't have those harsh pink undertones or orange undertones!) This also lives up to its claim of "lasting" even on my oily skin. The colour didn't fade all day and everything that needed to be covered, stayed covered! This formula applies well without streaking, blends well and provides a really great finish (I applied with both my fingers and a sponge and both came out great!). Even with setting powder this didn't "set" for me and stayed a little liquid-y on my face (which I'm sure is only due to my excessive oiliness!). 

From an objective point of view, this is a great foundation formula! Even if it isn't for me I can recognize a great formulation! So overall, if you have any skin type that isn't oily, check this out! :)

No comments: