Monday, January 23, 2012

This one Really is the Balm!


Hey all!
So lately these coloured balms are popping up everywhere. Maybelline, Revlon, L'Oreal and many others. I've tried the aforementioned three and have to say only one really convinced me it was a great conditioning balm!

This is L'Oreal's Colour Riche Balm in Pink Satin. I found myself wondering what the differences between all these balms were but there are actually many! Revlon's comes in a huge variety of shades, but didn't add enough moisture for me, it was more like a sheer lipstick. Maybelline's comes in few shades and are extremely sheer and L'Oreal comes in a mid range of shades, provides great moisture and a little bit of shimmer. I feel like I'm channeling Goldilocks here "Maybelline was too sheer, Revlon was too pigmented and L'Oreal was juuuusssstttt right" haha.



As I mentioned, I picked this up in the shade Pink Satin which was sold out at 3 stores before I could find this one! This is the lightest of the shades and is a very light but very sheer pink with shimmer.


I love the packaging of this balm, its luxurious and has co-ordinating coloured caps to the product inside to make it easy to find a certain colour in your hand bag or drawer. Another added bonus? SPF 15, which I'm always looking for in my lip balms and lip colours. My lips tend to sunburn very easily even in the winter so I need SPF!


As for pricing, Maybelline is the cheapest version of these tinted drugstore balms, with L'Oreal coming in second and Revlon being most expensive (although prices vary wildly so make sure you shop around!). Of the three I found L'Oreal's to give the most moisture and make my lips feel the most comfortable, while providing shine and a hint of colour!


As you can tell I didn't "haul" any of these because I really wanted to find which one worked for me. I'm glad at least one of them did, being the L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm and I think I'm going to have to pick up a few more colours! Have you tried any of these drugstore coloured balms? Which one was your favourite?

Summary
L'Oreal's Colour Riche Balm - Pink Satin
$7.98 (Approximately)
Available at: Drugstores


No comments: