Friday, September 16, 2011

REP Beauty: Blush (Review)


Good morning everyone! Today I have another REP Beauty post for you, this time on their Blushing Blush. As you may know from my last post REP Beauty is a Canadian brand out of Edmonton, Alberta that offers a great range of high quality beauty products. This blush is another item that I received from REP.


The shade I received in the blush is Romance. This is a light, pure pink with intense icy shimmer. I was so excited with the colour, as I love a light pink blush, but was a little disappointed when I noticed the amount of shimmer in the product. Not only is there a "sheen" shimmer but there is also much larger pieces of shimmer, almost along the lines of a glitter. I am one to steer clear of any glitter, I don't even like a lot of shimmer in my eyeshadows or lipglosses most of the time so I don't find myself getting much wear out of this blush. 


It was hard to get a photo to show the true amount of shimmer in the product, but if you enlarge you may be able to see. Although I personally don't get a lot of wear out of this blush the formulation is excellent. The colour pay of is great, not too much pigment and not too little, and the texture is better than any blush I've ever felt. It is soft and creamy feeling and applies with no streaking at all. Whenever I wear or swatch this blush it stays true for so much longer than I expect. Like with shimmer eyeshadows, I expect the colour to wear off and the shimmer to remain but that is not the case with any of REP Beauty's products. The colour stays just as long as the shimmer and that is quite a while. When I do reach for this blush I use it at night and usually as more of a highlighter or lightly layered over another blush. It looks really nice at night but definitely would not be daytime appropriate. 

The quality and texture of this blush is enough for me to try another shade - hopefully one with less shimmer. I am definitely not discouraged by the shimmer in this particular shade and would highly recommend purchasing the Blushing Blushes. These sell for $14.50 which is very reasonable for the amount and quality. Again, REP Beauty products are available for purchase on their website.


Don't forget to follow their blog and follow them on twitter while you are there! Have any of you tried REP Beauty products? Will you? Let me know in the comments!

Disclosure: I won these products in a giveaway. All opinions on the product are my own and I did not receive any compensation for this post. 

No comments: