Saturday, January 8, 2011

Best of 2010 - Skin Care


Hello Ladies! I'm back with another "Best Of" collection for 2010. First, I must say that these products are all ones that I either repurchased or have been using for most of the year (with two exceptions). With that being said, everything in the photo above I use everday so I felt they deserved a spot in my "Best Of" skin care post!


First up is a product that I couldn't go a day without! This is Neutrogena's 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment. I have repurchased this item more times than I can count! I have breakout-prone skin that is combination, and am always looking for something that will keep my blemishes from popping up! This is an absolute staple in my skin care routine! It helps with blemishes as well as hydrates your skin without any greasy feeling. It is a really light gel texture, smells like cucumbers, and absorbs almost instantly! It works because it has a higher concentration of Salicylic Acid than most products (at 2%, most are at 1%) which clear the pores and prevent them from becoming blocked. If you are like me and have allergic reactions to Benzoyl Peroxide, this is an amazing alternative or additive to your routine! If you have any breakouts, blemishes or blackheads this is definitely a must-buy! It is also very inexpensive. Depending on where you go you can pick this up for as low as $7!


Next up are my coveted serums that I use every day and night (in conjunction with my Hydrating Acne treatment)! First up are Isomers Copper-P Serum and Vitamin C & E High Potency Serum. These are both super hydrating while still being water based and offer different benefits to the skin. The Copper-P serum is said to help with repairing the skin faster and the Vitamin C & E helps during the day by combating free-radical damage with high amounts of antioxidants (great to use under sunscreen for extra protection!). I use the Copper-P at night and the Vitamin C & E during the day - two little drops goes a long way! (By the way, Isomers is a Canadian company! You can find them on The Shopping Channel or on their website!) They really do help your skin and are great for those with oily or blemish prone skin because they add nutrients and vitamins without adding a heavy layer of cream or lotion! Another amazing serum, thats great for hydration, is Mario Badescu's Herbal Hydrating Serum. This absorbs lightening fast and leaves your skin feeling super moisturized without any extra oil or greasy feeling. A must have for any skin type!


Here is my all time favourite mask of 2010 - Biore's Purify Self Heating Mask. I used and bought a crazy amount of masks this year but this one really stood out to me! Maybe it is the individual packaging, maybe its because it heats up on contact or maybe its because it works SO well to deep clean my skin without drying it out! Whatever it is, I love this mask! I find myself using these almost twice a week to deep clean and exfoliate. When you apply this mask it heats up to "open" your pores and get all the dirt out. I'm not sure that works, but it sure feels nice and relaxing! Second, it has really smooth grains in it so when you wash it off you can exfoliate too! This mask is only supposed to take one minute to work (it turns blue to let you know when its done) but I tend to leave it on for a whole bath and let it work its magic! These are a little on the pricy side (Not technically - I got mine for $6.49) but that was only for the 8 individual masks which works out to 81 cents per mask - which is kind of expensive. I don't mind paying that for the great job they do though! :)


Next up is Olay Complete Lathering Cleanser and Yes to Cucumbers Facial Towelettes. These were both my go-to cleansing products for this year! First off, the Yes to Cucumbers Facial Towelettes saved my face from having to go to bed with makeup on MANY times! I'm often way too lazy or tired by the end of the day to take my makeup off - therefore, cleansing wipes are a life saver for me! The best part about these ones is that I can use them around my super sensitive eye area without having any reaction. They also remove makeup better than most wipes I have use AND are natural! I'm addicted to these, I've already gone through two packs since October! Next is Olay's Complete Lathering Cleanser. This is a great super gentle cleanser with vitamin E so it won't dry out your skin but still gets it thoroughly clean. The funny thing about this is I bought it once at Wal-Mart and haven't been able to find it anywhere since! I hope I can find it again, if I do I'm going to stock up!


Last but not least is eye products. Here I have 100% Pure Organic Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream and CoverFX Anti-Age Smoothing Primer. I know what you are thinking, "That CoverFX one is a primer, not an eye cream!", technically, yes BUT it has such great effects that they recommend you use it at night too, which I do (as an eye cream!). Its really hydrating and locks in moisture like nothing else I have tried! My eye area still feels really hydrated in the morning! My go to day eye cream is 100% Pure's. I did a post on this in November showing my before and after - I couldn't believe how much it took down puffiness in only 5 minutes!! This is also all natural and organic and you NEED to try it out if you have any puffiness! Through this year I also used MAC Moisturelush eye cream (the container went Back2Mac!) which I loved for the subtle illuminating effect it gives! I also had a sample of Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment that I still desperately want but can't really afford - and often forget about lol!

Overall, there have been many more products than just these go through my routine this year - but these are the ones that made me stop and take notice! An honourable mention goes to my new Clarisonic Brush that I got for Christmas - hopefully it will make it in my "Best Of" 2011! :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great list Shaylee!!! I just added the Yes to Cucumbers wipes to my grocery list to pick up today!!! Love gentle natural product like that! I am also quite curious about the Copper Peptide serum you are using! :)

Toni Tralala said...

Of all these products, I can vouch for Neutrogena. It has never done me wrong. :)

Congratulations on winning Spiced Beauty's giveaway! <3

Tracy D said...

Hi Shaylee, love the Biore self heating mask too...they are addicting. I haven't tried the Isomers serums but they sound fabulous & I always love supporting a Canadian company!