Saturday, November 13, 2010

LUSH Lip Scrub Review

Good Morning (again!) all! As you may be able to tell I've been on a Lush kick lately...Actually I'm always on a Lush kick, what am I saying!? haha Heres another product I picked up recently from them:

Sweet Lips - Lip Scrub
First off, I have extremely dry lips (hence why you never see me do lip swatches on my actual lips!) and am always looking for something, ANYTHING to help them! A lip scrub is great when you have dry, flakey lips already. They also usually contain oils which help to moisturize during the scrubbing process!

Sweet Lips
Because of my extremely dry, flaky lips I picked this up on my most recent trip to Lush. They have four flavours right now of Lip Scrubs which are Sweet Lips (chocolate/vanilla), Mint Julip (minty), Bon Bon (Cranberry) and Bubblegum (self explanatory, lol). I chose the Sweet Lips because it smells incredibly good! Not only do I love chocolate, but I also love vanilla so you get the best of both worlds, COMBINED with the sugar! Yay! haha

Texture
They really do pack these little pots to the brim! These contain sugar (to exfoliate), jojoba oil and flavours and scents. I love jojoba oil, its fantastic for moisturizing so I was glad to see it in this product. To use these, all you do is dip your finger (don't dig, you will get enough for your lips if you just pat the surface of the sugar a few times) then rub it all over your lips to get rid of all the dead skin. Afterwards....you EAT it! Don't bother taking it off with a washcloth or tissue, all of these are completely edible and give you a sweet treat throughout the day (love it!).

Pros

- Amazing smell & taste
- Exfoliates lips well
- You can eat it!
- Moisturizes with Jojoba oil

Cons

- Price: $8.95 CAD (more on that later...)
- Jar Size (small)
- Messy

Okay, one last comment. I do think exfoliating your lips is essential, especially in the winter. But, if you don't want to fork out the money you can always make this yourself at home! Just mix together a little oil (olive, jojoba, whatever you have!) with some plain granulated sugar and apply to your lips. Either way you do it, be sure to get a good exfoliation so your lips are soft and your lip colours look great! :)

I still highly recommend these little guys, they are great! :)

4 comments:

liketreasure said...

i have one in bubblegum, i love it! :)

Unknown said...

What a nice review Shaylee! I have been *highly* interested in these sugar lip scrubs since seeing one on a youtube haul (can't remember who). I, too, have a problem with dry lips in the winter. This sounds great...especially since they are "edible" how cool! I must check these out. Thanks for the great review!!!

Bailey said...

great review! I have wanted to try this (among with 100 other lush products!) I'm adding it to my list :D

FunnyFaceBeauty said...

I really want to try this but I have to use up my benefit lip beads first.
I am loving your blog more and more every time I read it!
xx
Alicia