Monday, November 22, 2010

Korres Lip Butter Review

Korres Lip Butter - Guava
As you all may know, I am on a never-ending quest for the perfect lip balm. Living in Canada the dry, cold winter air takes a TOLL and I mean TOLL on my lips! I never realized just how bad chapped lips could get until moving to Calgary and experiencing the driest and coldest air of my life! A normal winter day around here is -20 degrees Celsius so I need something intense and incredibly hydrating!

Here I have the Korres Lip Butter in Guava I have actually had a few of these lip butters for quite a while. The first ones I purchased were in Pomegranate and Quince (but I seem to have lost the Quince one, hopefully I'll find it in a purse somewhere haha!) but I didn't use them as often because they are both pigmented and hard to apply without a mirror. Although from the applications I did do, I could tell they were extremely hydrating and soothing.


With that, I was determined to get a clear version of this lip balm, which are surprisingly hard to find I might add! I went to Sephora and had to get the sales lady to dig around in the drawers and the back room to find me one! What can I say? I was determined! Luckily, she did find me one and I snatched it up! Since then I have been slathering this on 100 times a day and loving every second of it!


I also like that it is a natural product. Although there are still quite a few ingredients on the list that I cannot pronounce nor have any idea what they are, it does include some great natural ingredients to moisturize and soothe. Heres what the website says about this lip butter:

"A buttery lip balm that melts on the lips and offers a shiny, tinted finish. The combination of Shea butter and Rice wax offers deep hydration and softness. Ideal for chapped lips."

It really does "melt" into lips and provides really intensive hydration.  I can honestly say this (in combination with my Lush Lip Scrub) is the only thing that has helped my lips! I can't get enough of this stuff, its been permanently on my lips since I bought it and I swear I've gone through half a pot of it already! This keeps my lips so soft even when I don't have it on. That may sound like a weird comment but when you live in -20 degree weather, your lips have to be covered with something at ALL TIMES!

Pros:

- Hydrating
- Deeply Moisturizing
- Repairing
- Prevents chapping
- Taste/Smell - Amazing!
- Texture - not thick or sticky at all!
- 7 Great Colours Available!

Cons:

- Not as "natural" as I would like - too many ingredients that I don't understand!
- The lids tend to break, they are a little flimsy

Overall, EVERYONE needs one (or 7) of these! I am going to buy 3 more for every purse/school bag/car/room in my house seriously! I am not going to be able to live without these from now on! This is it guys, my holy grail of lip balms! I never thought I would find it but my lips are so extremely happy that I did! I've never tried such an effective, yummy and versatile lip balm!

5 comments:

Lola B. said...

I love lip butters! Guava smells sooo good.

Unknown said...

Yay! I am so glad you finally found something that works so well for you...and, BRR!!! I can't even imagine how cold it is where you are! You sure can put some heavy-duty lipbalm to the test there!!! :) Nice review!

Unknown said...

Hmmm maybe I'll have to check these out. My lips get so chapped in the winter!

www.pinkbeautybliss.com

Donna said...

nice review! i live in winnipeg and it's probably one of the top worse places to live in canada haha. you should also try rosebud salve the original version. it's mulitpurpose and you can use it for yoru lips, dry skin. everything!! its awesome and its at sephora for 12 bucks :)

Shaimaa said...

I Have it , its real great moisturizer with Delicious smell