Friday, November 5, 2010

Fusion Beauty Review

Hey Everyone! This is going to be a review of a couple of Fusion Beauty products that I own! I am going to do this review a little differently than I have in the past in order for you to get the full picture of the products. I will list pros and cons and not just my rave reviews haha! I will also list details separately so that others who do not share my personal preferences in products can make a decision for themselves! Of course I will still share my opinion! Lets get started!


LipFusion in Clear

Doe-Foot Wand



This is the famous Lip Fusion. According to the web site (www.fusionbeauty.com) it is:

"A moisturizing treatment gloss infused with revolutionary technology. Lips become fuller, smoother, perfectly plumped within seconds. Results can last for up to 48 hours. Tiny, dehydrated, marine collagen micro spheres are instantly absorbed by the lips, and seek out the body's natural moisture. When spheres become re-hydrated, they plump and hold onto the moisture they've collected, creating a mild "swelling" of the lip tissue."
When this first hit the market I was skeptical that a gloss could really provide plumping effects and at the $36 USD price tag, I wasn't about to be the first to test it out!

Having said that, I did buy it (haha) but it had been on the market for a while and I heard great things. Here are the pros and cons from my view!

Pros:


- The gloss texture is amazing! Not sticky, but still thick.
- The colour (even though it says clear) gives your lips a really pretty look.
- The PLUMPING/SMOOTHING - I seriously do see a difference and have even had comments on how great my lips looked and "what are you wearing?" It obviously won't be a drastic change but enough to be noticed.
- The slight, not overpowering tingle. Just enough to know its working, not enough that it is uncomfortable.

Cons:


- The price. $36 USD a tube is excessive. Even though I love it and have repurchased I always cringe!
- The packaging isn't my favourite, the cap gets very scratched in my makeup bag.
- I don't find it all that moisturizing, it isn't drying in the least but not as moisturizing as I would like.

Overall, I will (and do) repurchase this. It has the best consistency, look on the lips and plumping/smoothing effects for me. It also has a delicate smell that isn't over powering (I'm not a big fan of smell in my lip gloss). I also love pulling it out of my purse and people saying "Ohhh, I've heard of that stuff, does it work?" great conversation starter haha. (I don't believe there is any cheaper alternative to this product, it is kind of in a league of its own!)

LashFusion XL in Black
Lush, Thick brush.

Next is the Lash Fusion XL Mascara. According to the web site (www.fusionbeauty.com) it is:

"A rich, creamy, and volumizing mascara form ululated to dramatically enhance volume for bigger, bolder, voluptuous lashes with just one stroke!"
This product has a much less intimidating price tag at $24 USD. (I got mine on special at Murale for $10 CAD). And, it does what it says!

Pros:

- Thickening: it is amazing for giving full, soft thick lashes! (what I look for in a mascara!)
- Rich Colour: the black is a really rich black that gives great colour pay off even when dry.
- Texture: it is a dryer consistency and really thick and rich. I love that in a mascara because I feel it layers to build extra thickness.
- Wand: big and fluffy, love that in a mascara wand, it gets every lash!

Cons:


- Packaging: It looks a little bit cheap and the writing all scratches off
- Smell: not the best smelling mascara (but which ones are?) a little chemically
- Excess: sometimes there is a little excess build up on the brush, easily fixable but may be annoying for some.
- Lengthening/Curling: this is a thickening mascara and thats about it! So if you want volume, I highly recommend and if you want length or curl, this probably isn't for you.

I would repurchase this again at the $10 CAD price but probably would not repurchase at the $24 USD price. It is a great mascara but there are just as good cheaper alternatives. If you love Fusion Beauty and want to try this mascara, it is a really good mascara! But if you don't have the money to shell out, there are comparable ones at the drug store!








1 comment:

Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty said...

I got a few Fusion Beauty products from Winners, great price there, so keep an eye out when you're there :)