|1st Product - Tone Correcting Concealer|
I picked up this kit at Zellers for $4.99, which is a pretty good price for 3 products! (Not as good as the US price, but still! haha) The first item this kit contains is the e.l.f. Tone Correcting Concealer. I hadn't tried any of e.l.f.'s concealers so I was really eager to test this out!
|Concealer Shade - Light Beige|
- Creamy, blendable
- Forgiving colour (will work on many skin tones light/light-medium)
- Not cakey
- Doe-foot applicator for precise application
- Dewy finish: good for undereyes
- Sheer: not much coverage but good for under eyes
- Dewy Finish: not good for blemish coverage
- Contains ingredients known to potentially clog pores (mineral oil, microcrystalline wax)
- Again, so sheer, will not cover blemishes
I'm confused about the marketing for the product. It is said to be a blemish covering concealer but no matter how much I built it up I couldn't get it to cover a blemish! That being said, I really like it as an under eye concealer or slight redness concealer! Its soft and blendable and gives a nice moisturizing finish to under the eyes! I wouldn't say "don't buy this" I would say, "don't buy this for covering blemishes" though! There are many other better concealers for blemish coverage (I'm sure some of e.l.f.'s other concealers work great for this!) But, I would recommend this as an inexpensive concealer option for light/sheer under eye coverage and moisturization!
|Roller Ball top|
- 1% Salicylic Acid - to fight breakouts and clogged pores
- Witch Hazel, Tea Tree oil - to further help with breakouts
- Clear: able to use during the day
- Non-Drying (Finally!)
- Price $1 USD!
- Salicylic acid is a better preventer than treatment
- Roller-Ball (although I love it!) may not be very hygienic
- Contains Alcohol: not my favourite ingredient
Honestly, this product isn't perfect. It does have a few cons but I really feel like in this case the pros outweigh the cons! Its a good option for people struggling with breakouts. I'm happy you can use it during the day with no signs that it is there! I will continue to use this, and I will recommend it for minor/rare breakouts. It probably won't help much with large breakouts or chronic breakouts! For the price, I would definitely recommend trying it out to see how well it works for you! It has worked for me (although I don't think the test was fair because it was "my time of the month" and nothing would help!) by decreasing the size of my breakouts. If you are curious at all, try this out! The price is definitely worth it! :)