Tuesday, August 24, 2010

New Foundation

Okay, so I've recently been shopping for a new foundation (I'm ALWAYS shopping for a new foundation, lol) and I think I've actually found one I like...BUT...of course, its now discontinued. I picked up Maybelline Pure.Makeup yesterday and LOVE it, love the colour, love the consistancy and love the coverage! Oh well at least I will have it for a while, then it will be back to the hunt. Foundations I have tried recently are Rimmel Stay Matte, Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer and Neutrogena Mineral Pressed Powder foundation. First off, the Rimmel Stay Matte is anything but matte, it's very dewy and stays tacky throughout the day (I have oily skin) so it is not a good choice for me! The same thing goes for the Laura Mercier Tinted moiturizer, although I don't like a lot of coverage and I do prefer a tinted moisturizer this was too dewy and too tacky feeling for me but would be fantastic for someone with dry skin! The Neutrogena Healthy skin enhancer is a good tinted moisturizer and I actually do love it! I just sometimes do want a little more coverage, hence my continuous search. I love that the H.S.E. has SPF 20, retinol and a tint which is great for everyones skin including oily and acne prone. I also use the Neutrogena Mineral Pressed Powder foundation but I use it as a setting powder and it can sometimes end up cakey and thick looking. Overall I'm a foundation junky and will continue looking (so keep checking back)! Please let me know your favorites for every skin type! Enjoy!

No comments: