Monday, January 9, 2012

You Shine a Little Love on my Life (Clap, Clap)!


Afternoon Ladies,
I'm not sure how many of you will be familiar with the title of this post (Song: ELO - Shine a little Love) but I found it pretty fitting for this particular product review!

Up today is Tarte's Smooth Operator Illuminating Serum. Again, can you tell that I'm on an illumination kick? This product is honestly worth its weight in gold (sort of pun intended)! And shouldn't be overlooked as an amazing, light infusing primer.

I purchased this product a LONG time ago before it was available for sale individually (hence why it doesn't have the "Amazonian Clay" label on it) in a kit called Radiant & Rested Complexion Set. It included the EmphasEYE's eyeliner inner rim brightener (flesh-toned peach), Mini Cheek Stain in Glisten, Mini Park Avenue Princess Mineral Bronzer, ReCreate Silicone Free Primer and this serum. It was a fantastic kit and I'm still so happy I purchased it!

Now that I've rambled, this product is a super lightweight highlighter without any really noticeable shimmer or glitter (everything I look for in a highlighter!). It comes in a huge tube (1.7 ouces) and a little goes a really long way. It is super versatile and lends a gorgeous "glow" to skin.


Above you can see the product straight from the tube. (NOTE: Be sure to shake this before you use it as it has a tendency to separate in the tube.) It is a soft flesh-tone that becomes undetectable once applied to skin. 


This is my favourite photo! As you can see, you can't see the product unless the light of the flash is reflecting off it in a certain way. This ensures that skin doesn't look "all over shiny" but has a hint of glow when the light hits. You can also see that the shimmer particles are so small that they don't even look like shimmer when the light catches them.

Tarte's website doesn't state how you should use this serum, but to me that means the possibilities are endless! My favourite way to apply this is over my foundation on places I want to highlight - cheeks, bridge of nose, around my eyes and nasal-labial folds. Then I apply a little MAC Mineralize skin finish to set it and ensure I don't look greasy. Another great way to use this is as a primer. I often mix it with a moisturizer before I apply foundation and it still gives a great "lit from within" glow without the intense sheen. 

Another great feature of this serum is that it is free from:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petrochemicals
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan

And contains Amazonian clay, Camomille, Vitamin C, A & E and Hylauronic Acid! A beautiful glow and beautiful skin care ingredients? Sign me up!

Overall, this is an amazing product and is well worth the money, especially for the amount you get and for the versatility of the product. I would highly, highly recommend this for anyone seeking a believable glow.

Summary

$32.00 USD
Available at: Sephora & Tarte

No comments: