Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Is there a Scandal(EYES) in the Supermarket?


Hello Everyone!
Little bit of a later post this evening but I wanted to share a new find with you all! As I was trolling my local Wal-Mart (supposedly for cat food and people food) I just so happened to walk by the cosmetics department. Seems to happen every time, not sure why?

As I was innocently on my way to the cat food section, I saw out of the corner of my eye a bright orange display boasting dozens of these little babies. Of course I had to try this new mascara with its eerily similar look to Cover Girl's LashBlast and about $4 cheaper I was hoping for similar results!

What is it?

Rimmel's newest mascara is a plumping & volumizing formula for eyes that ScandalEYES. I'm all for any mascara that says it's going to plump and volumize my lashes. My lashes are already fairly long and curled (plus if they get any longer they hit my glasses) so volumizing formulas are my clear choice.


The first thing I noticed about this mascara is that the brush is absolutely huge. None of these photos do it justice but this thing is beyond big. When I put it up to my eye it practically engulfs all my lashes in one stroke! I thought LashBlast and Maybelline's Colossal had big brushes but this one puts those to shame!


Here it is (orange) compared to Maybelline's Colassal Volume (yellow) and LashBlast Fusion brushes. It doesn't look as different in this photo but in person dwarfs both of these. 


The results are great for this mascara, although it may not be as volumizing as I expected. It has great lengthening and curling power and comes in a very black, black (003) or an average black (001). I chose the blackest black as the tips of my lashes are very light. I do really like the effect this mascara gives (this is after 1 coat) my eyes look wider, my lashes look thicker and more defined. It wears well without flaking or smudging and to my surprise didn't even smudge on my glasses (big score if you wear glasses!). 

At only $5.98 I would definitely give this mascara a try. It reminds me a lot of Revlon's Grow Luscious formula with a little more oomph. I think this will become a staple in my mascara wardrobe.

Summary

Rimmel's ScandalEYES
$5.98 CAD
Available at: Drugstores

Have you tried this mascara? What did you think? Let me know down below!

No comments: