Thursday, January 26, 2012

Come on, Brighten Up!


Hey everyone,
I'm such a late night poster, I don't know why. I have plenty of time to do it throughout the day but I usually just end up taking and editing pictures and then finally getting to actually putting them into a post by around 10pm! Oh, well at least its up!

Tonight I'm sharing with you one of my new favourite items! I recently won a gift box from Vasanti and Rexall and I have to say I was thrilled to see this in there! I had been eyeing up Vasanti's Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvinator for a while (even picked it up off the shelf once or twice) but had yet to buy it.


This is, as the name may suggest, an exfoliator/scrub. This is not just a scrub though, oh no! Not only does this contain 25% dermatologist grade micro-crystals for dramatic yet gentle exfoliation but also powerful papaya enzymes for added chemical exfoliation. It also contains coconut, aloe vera and panthenol in order to keep your skin feeling hydrated even after you're finished.


The texture of this is really interesting. It's almost mousse-like in consistency and you can really feel all the particles - but they are tiny!


This exfoliator is creamy (but not greasy at all), which I appreciate in a scrub as sometimes my skin can wind up dry after using them. I'm always pretty leery when I try a new scrub as my skin is easily sensitized and can wind up red and irritated for days, so although I was excited to use this, I was also scared. To my surprise, even with the high amount of micro-crystals, this exfoliator is extremely gentle. I never end up red or irritated and my skin feels smoother than anything else after using it. If you have been following me for a while you may remember my Colbert M.D. post where I raved about their microdermabrasion pads, I thought I would never find anything to replace them (too expensive to repurchase) but I finally have!

Not only do I notice my skin feels smoother but it also feels lightly hydrated and any product I put on afterwards is instantly absorbed! I only use this once a week (maybe twice if I forget to take my makeup off one night and I'm in need of a deep cleaning) and it keeps me smooth until the next week.

If you're looking for an outstanding exfoliant this is it! You only need a pea-sized amount as well so it will last you forever - a little really does go a long way.

Summary
Vasanti Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator
$34.00 CAD
Available at: Rexall & Vasanti

Vasanti seems to make skin care that is just as amazing as their cosmetics. I've heard raves about their Eye Wonder eye cream - that just may have to be put on my list!

No comments: