Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Bouncin' and Blushin'


Hey all!
I've had a great (and exciting) day today! You all have helped me reach a huge milestone of 400 followers on my blog and I couldn't be more thankful and appreciative! So..

Thank you!

Now that I've said a huge (literally) thank you to you all, I have some more great news! I was lucky enough to learn that I won Toronto Beauty Reviews (Elaine) Korres Giveaway! I'm so thrilled, I love Korres and am so excited to start using more of their amazing products. Okay enough rambling by me, lets get to these cute and strange little blushes.




These are Maybelline's Bouncy Blushes. I picked up two shades I wouldn't normally have gotten. The last thing I need is another medium-pink blush! The first one is Coffee Cake. This is a gorgeous bronzy-peach that I wasn't sure about in the pan but adore once it's on the cheeks.




Next up is Hot Tamale. A super bright red-pink with a bit of shimmer (both have a hint of shimmer) that definitely isn't as bright as it appears in the pan but still gives a gorgeous flush of colour.

These blushes are the funniest things! I can't get over the texture of them they are super airy and light and don't feel greasy at all like some cream blushes can. The only thing I can even slightly compare this to is Maybelline's dream mousse blushes but they still don't really compare. You have to feel these for yourself to understand the full effect.

With flash
I apologize for these photos, I couldn't get very good ones. The pigmentation of these blushes is great! They are sheer enough to be layered and look realistic on the cheek but they have enough pigmentation to use only a small amount of product each time. (These photos have a heavy swatch)

In natural daylight
I'm always pretty skeptical of quality when brands come out with gimmicks like this but these pleasantly surprised me. I personally think they are adorable and have great feel and blendability with an extensive colour collection and a reasonable price. I love a cream blush and these just jumped to the top of my list! Especially since they have the staying power of a powder (thanks to the cream to powder formulation).

Have you tried these funny little blushes? What did you think of them?

Summary
Maybelline Bouncy Blush - Coffee Cake & Hot Tamale
$5.99-$9.99 CAD
Available at: Drugstores (if you hurry they are on sale at Shoppers!)



No comments: