Saturday, December 17, 2011

Deals & Steals: NYC Color Wheel (Mosaic Face Powder)


Hello everyone! I'm starting a new segment called "Beauty Bargains" where I'll highlight some of the best and most inexpensive drugstore products. I'm going to start off with one of my favourite (and not to mention least expensive!) drugstore items that I have re-purchased time and time again.

Here I have NYC's Color Wheel - Mosaic Face Powder. The shade I have this in (and to be honest, the only shade I have ever purchased) is Translucent Highlighter Glow. Now, with a name like that, I expected a lot of shimmer to be laced throughout this powder (although I couldn't see any initially, I've been tricked before!). I was happy to discover that this powder actually contains no shimmer - either that or its just so fine I can't detect it.

This powder extremely soft, oil absorbing and does provide a nice glow without shimmer. It evens out my skin and doesn't cake up and also doesn't appear too matte. 

Pros:

- Not too powdery
- Inexpensive & Readily available
- Soft and extremely blendable
- Gives a soft "glow"
- Controls Oil
- Doesn't look cakey
- You get a lot of product - 9g

Cons:

- This is not translucent! I can actually use this as a light bronzer (but I'm very pale!)
- Packaging isn't all that appealing or functional

For the price, I would say this is an outstanding powder. I prefer it over my MAC Blot Powder because it lends a much less "powdery" or matte look. This blends into skin and is almost undetectable as long as you use a light hand (but that goes for any powder).

I highly recommend trying out this powder if you're looking for a great, inexpensive glow. You can find this (in Canada) for around $5.50 or if you find it on sale (usually at Rexall) around $3.00. 

A great beauty Bargain!

No comments: