Tuesday, September 13, 2011

New Skincare for a New Climate.



Hello again everyone, I've missed you all! I've had a few big changes in my life since I last posted (months ago, terrible me!) and one of them was moving Provinces. I recently (in May) relocated back to my home town in British Columbia where the climate is much different than Calgary, where I had been living for the past 3 years. This is proving to be hard on my skin so I've been on the hunt to find what my skin needs now and share what has been working for me in the recent months.

First, a little background on the climate I've come from and am now living in. Calgary was extremely dry and generally cold. Where I live now in British Columbia is also relatively dry (as I am in a technical desert region) but still no where near comparable to Calgary, as I am now back living near a large lake. In Calgary I suffered with very dehydrated skin that was also exceedingly oily. Sounds like a contradiction, but is very common. I would't apply moisturizer for fear of creating more oil on my skin leading to more breakouts but I didn't realize that my skin was creating more oil because it was so dehydrated. After finally figuring out what my skin needed, I moved to a completely different climate. Here in BC my skin has been very balanced over the summer months. The humidity is ideal and I have not suffered with much excess oil or breakouts. The only thing that seems to aggravate my skin recently is air conditioning, which can dry out my lips and skin. 

As the weather here is still in the mid 30's (Celsius) I have yet to switch to a "fall routine". But for these summer months I have found a few products that I couldn't have lived a day without. Here is a list of those great summer finds:

Cleanser

Marcelle Hydra-C Self-Foaming Cleanser
Clarisonic Mia

Treatment

Neutrogena 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment
Fusion Beauty Illumifill Line Filling Luminizer

Exfoliants/Masks

Colbert MD Microdermabrasion Pads
Alba Organics Papaya Enzyme Mask
100% Pure Brightening Scrub/Mask

Eye Cream


Morning: 100% Pure Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream
Night: Bliss All Around Eye Cream



Moisturizer

Morning: Clean & Clear Pore Perfecting Moisturizer SPF 15
Night: 100% Pure Red Wine Resveratrol Nourishing Cream

Sunscreen

Neutrogena Water Light SPF 60

Lips



C.O. Bigelow My Favourite Night Balm
Korres Lip Butter
Fusion Beauty LipFusion
Lush Lip Scrub

So there you have it. Some of my year round favourites as well as some great summer finds! I know my routine will be changing soon to compensate for the cooler and drier fall weather so there will be more skin care updates to come!

No comments: