Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Face Of The Day - Katy Perry Inspired!


Good Morning ladies! You may recognize this picture from my Twitter photo (and my blog photo). I created this look yesterday for Alicia from Funny Faced Beauty's Celebrity Makeup Contest! You all should definitely go and enter, there are great prizes and I had so much fun creating a look for it!! I actually rarely do makeup looks on myself so this was a really fun way to go outside my comfort zone and create a new look and have some fun! :)

For this look I chose my inspiration as Katy Perry from the 2009 Grammy Awards! I thought she looked gorgeous and feminine and wanted to recreate that on myself - here is the photo I used.


I knew that I would need flawless skin, a pale pink lip and loads of eyelashes for this look! What I chose to do is use ALL drugstore makeup to recreate it! I wanted to prove that you could look just as great (lol - okay, I tried!) with inexpensive products available to everyone! :)




So, onto what I used to create this look!

FACE

- Carmindy Natural Beauty Your Skin Makeup in Creamy Beige
- Hard Candy Glamoflauge Concealer in Medium
- Neutrogena Eye Perfector in Fair
- IT Cosmetics Contour & Highlight Powders (Only HE item used!)

CHEEKS

- Sonia Kashuk Creme Blush in Blossom
- Hard Candy Blush Crush in Honeymoon

EYES

- NYX Shadows - Various from Smokey Eye Palette and Champagne & Caviar Palette
- Cover Girl Liquid Eyeliner in Black
- E.L.F. False Lashes
- Cover Girl Lash Blast in Black
- BonneBell Eyeliner (for brows) in Midnight Bark

LIPS

- Wet & Wild Matte Long Wear Lipstick in 901B
- Joe Fresh Lip Gloss in Light Pink

I'm pretty sure that I included everything I used!! Oh, nails N.Y.C. Polish in Wall Street! I hope you guys like it, it's the first Face Of The Day I have ever done and the first "Celebrity" inspired face I've ever done as well! I had a lot of fun creating it though!!

Don't forget to go and enter Alicia's Contest! http://www.funnyfacebeauty.com !

No comments: