Thursday, September 23, 2010

Save Your Stressed Skin!

These first two weeks back at University have been a little hectic and my skin has been taking a beating! I've been having late nights and even earlier mornings and haven't been taking proper care of my skin! I have a pretty sure fire way to get my skin back in order (I have to do this a lot haha) and I'll list my tips for you!
(Keep in mind, my skin is oily, so I get clogged pores, built up dead skin cells and just overall dullness! This is what I do to liven it back up!)
Boots Botanics Brightening Cleanser

Cleanse Deeply - This is going to sound scary but to really get my face clean I use either Olive Oil or my Boots Botanics Brighten Cleanser. I use these because oil breaks down oil, especially built up oil. It also breaks down any makeup or debris that might be stuck in your skin giving you a super deep clean! I follow it up with my normal cleanser to remove any traces of the excess oil.
Marcelle Tonifying Lotion (Normal to Dry)

Toner - Take a simple toner and sweep it all over to ensure you removed everything, we want to really clean our skin! I use Marcelle Tonifying Lotion (normal to dry skin), just because its a better formulation than the oily skin toner.
Cure Natural Aqua Gel (Sample Packets)

Exfoliate - Because my skin has a lot of build up now, I need a good exfoliation. I don't use a scrub, my skin is too sensitive for them, but if that is what you prefer then use your favourite scrub here! Use it for 2 minutes longer than you usually would but with extremely gentle pressure. This will ensure all the dead skin cells get removed without irritation. Personally, I use a chemical or natural exfoliation gel. I use Cure Natural Aqua Gel at this step, which removes dead skin cells with no granules.
Naturopathica Pumpkin Enzyme Peel

Mask - At this point, a mask is great because you have exposed new skin through the exfoliation process so its a great time to nourish it! You can use whatever mask you like! If you have oily skin pick an absorbent clay mask. I really like the St.Ives Firming Clay mask or Biore Self-Heating Clay mask (come in individual packets). For dry skin or for a brightening boost use a moisturizing mask. My favourite is The Body Shop Wise Woman firming mask, which doesn't firm but is so hydrating and brightening without causing breakouts! Last, but not least, my favourite mask! If you need an extra brighten or exfoliation, use an enzyme mask. I love Naturopathica Pumpkin Enzyme Peel! But for an inexpensive option, try Freeman Pineapple Enzyme mask (only $3 at Wal-Mart!) and works really well actually!
Isomers Copper-P Concentrate Serum

Treat - If you are prone to breakouts, treat your skin with a Salicylic Acid to keep spots at bay! If you have persistent breakouts, also apply a 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide (Panoxyl Mild Aqua Gel). If you have dry skin, to keep skin bright use a Glycolic Acid, I like Neostrata 10% Oil-Free Smoothing Lotion. Also, no matter what your skin type, treat your skin to as many nutrients and repairing properties as you can! You have bright new skin now and we want to keep it that way! I like to use a Vitamin C serum which helps with skin tone problems (Isomers Vitamin C & E serum or Copper-P serum) but any serum with nutrients, peptides and vitamins & minerals is great! Even a great moisturizer if you have dryer skin is awesome!
C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve

Eyes & Lips - Don't forget your eyes and lips! Apply a hydrating, plumping eye cream (Mac Moisture Lush is good, I also apply my serums around my eyes so I have little need for eye cream) and apply your most moisturizing lip balm! I love B.Kamins Bio-Maple lip balm (its only in Canada!) and C.O. Bigelow Rosebud lip balm!
Use this treatment whenever you feel the need! It really does help, I use it all the time! If you have more tips for helping stressed skin let me know! :)

No comments: