Sunday, September 19, 2010

NYX Smokey Eye Palette (REVIEW & SWATCH)

NYX Smokey Eye Palette (missing applicator)

As you can see I have used this palette before! This is what the palette looks like open, without a flash. Using a flash just washed out the colours, making them unrecognizable! Anyways, as you can see this palette has a great array of colours to create a smokey eye! They range from creamy white to dark matte black with everything in between! This palette also includes browns which is great because most smokey eye palettes only include blacks or browns, so its great to have both in one palette! All these eyeshadows are amazingly creamy (which I didn't expect from such an inexpensive eyeshadow) and blend like a dream! I use all of these different colours and they are all fantastic! If you are searching for a smokey eye palette, I definitely recommend picking up one of these NYX palettes, you have every colour you need for a smokey eye and even if you want to add a pop of colour you have all your base shades to work with!

What the palette looks like closed :)

If you live in Canada like I do, you can find a limited selection of NYX products at Rexall or I.D.A. Pharmacy. I found this palette there but they have an extremely limited selection so I was very happy to find this!
Here are swatches without Flash (top row, then bottom)
Swatches with Flash


Overall, I would highly recommend this palette, its just so incredibly versatile, inexpensive and amazingly budget friendly! I will be doing a smokey eye (maybe a few) with this palette and will post photos so you can see what the colours look like on your eyes! 

Enjoy guys, Please Comment, Follow and Friend :)

(I originally Posted on this on Luuux  September 6, 2010, this is a revised review)


1 comment:

Holly Mackenzie Cupp said...

Thanks for the review! The swatches came out so pigmented. I love dark smokey eye palettes and looks =)

http://hollydollyfashion.blogspot.com