|My "awakened" Eye :)|
For this look you will only need about 5 minutes. I use this most when I'm heading to school because I have to get up at 6am and want to stay in bed as long as possible! (I'm sure many of you can relate! ;))
So this look is all about looking awake, not seeing the makeup per se! You should look really fresh and completely natural when wearing this look so don't expect to "see" the results! haha
1) Highlight your complexion with an illuminating tinted moisturizer or illuminating foundation for more coverage. If you are running extremely low on time you can forego the foundation in exchange for spot highlighting (more on that later!) A few options of good illuminating foundations that I like are:
-Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer ($42)
-Sephora Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 ($21)
Apply this all over your face using a sponge, stippling brush or just your fingers making sure to blend evenly and down your neck!
2) Next, Add a light reflecting concealer under your eyes and in any shadows (Ex/ Nose to lip folds, around the nose). Use a concealer brush or fingers to blend in for a natural glow. Some of my favorites are:
-Benefit Erase Paste ($26)
-Rimmel Recover Anti-Fatigue Concealer ($5 roughly)
-Smashbox Photo Op (for light coverage) ($18)
3) After concealing, add a pop of colour to your cheeks using a cream blush. I find cream blush to look a lot more natural than powder and it wakes up your whole face, making you look alive! Some I like are:
- Stila Covertible Color (Rosebud) ($25, but limited edition color only available in Travel Palettes)
- MAC Blushcreme (Lady Blush) ($22)
- NYC Blushable Cream Sticks (Big Apple Blush) ($3)
Blend this into the apples of your cheeks and up your cheek bones for a natural flush.
4) Moving to eyes, apply a shimmery, light shadow all over the lid, on the brow bone and the tear duct. I like NYX Smokey Eye Palette’s lightest shade ($15) and Almay's Pure Blends in Petal ($6). After the shadow, apply a light coloured eyeliner to the lower lash line. Pink, nude, white or light blue are suitable colours and will all make your eyes more open and awake. I used Bonne Bell Eye Definer in Sky ($2). Make sure to blend with your finger so there are no actual lines, just a sheer wash of the colour.
5) Curl your lashes and apply one layer of mascara to continue with the natural look. Some I like are:
- Revlon Grow Luscious in Blackest Black ($8)
- Maybelline Colossal Mascara in Glam Black ($6)
- LashFusion XL Mascara in Black ($25)
6) Finish your look with powder if you need and a clear lip balm. For powder I like:
- ELF Studio Mattifying Powder in Translucent ($3)
- NYC Loose Powder in Translucent ($4)
For lip balm I use Chapstick All Natural ($2) or PeaceKeeper Power Berry ($8).
You can also use a specialty product like Benefit Bright Eyes (which I did) all around the eye to further increase the brightness. Also, you can apply a Highlighter to key points on your face such as cheek bones, brow bones, cupids bow and down the center of your nose.
|Some key Products for this look!|
I hope this helps out with the morning rush! Please Comment and Follow! :)